Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Sunshine Blogger Award



Something a little different... I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by Owl Face, one of my favorite bloggers. (:

Thank you for the warm fuzzies, Owly!

The rules are:

  1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
  4. Notify the bloggers you included.
  5. Keep the rules in your post.

Questions I was asked...

1. If you were a sim, what would your five traits be?

Bookworm, Childish, Clumsy, Neurotic, Shy.

I would also have the hidden Pizza Lover trait.

2. What book has had the biggest impact on you, and why?

This one is tough. How do I pick just one? The Last Command by Timothy Zahn got me into reading the Star Wars expanded universe... an obsession that occupied my mind throughout my shaky adolescence, when I desperately needed a distraction from so many other things I could not deal with. So The Last Command may have had the single largest impact on my life, objectively speaking, even though it is not my favorite book.

3. What keeps you up at night?

Panic attacks. Computer games!

4. If you're not a tattoo person, what is the one thing that you would possibly get tattooed on your body (if you were forced to)? If you do like/have tattoos, what is the one style of tattoo you hate the most?

I'll go with saying it weirds me out when I see tats of other people's faces.

5. What's your favorite marine animal?

Cuttlefish. Again, really hard to pick.

Other strong candidates were nautilus, stingray and horseshoe crab.

6. What tv series or movie could you watch over and over again?

Wow, you really wanna torture me, huh? I guess I'd pick the Red Dwarf series. And maybe some Star Trek: The Next Generation (or even Deep Space Nine), because there are so many episodes it wouldn't be too bad to have to see it over and over.

7. You're in charge of coming up with an obscure animal mascot for a sports team. What is it?

Funyarinpa.

Wait, why did anyone put me in charge of anything?

8. What's your favorite joke?

My great-grandfather looked at me over the edge of his newspaper and smiled. His teeth were perfect, because they were dentures. "Hey, do you know what a paradox is?" he asked.

"No," I said, not wanting to deprive him of the punchline.

"Two doctors!" he exclaimed.


9. What's your favorite kind of weather?

Cloudy, around 70 degrees.

10. In a cage fight match to the death, who would win: Fred Flintstone or George Jetson?

Barring any future weaponry shenanigans, Fred Flintstone is clearly much stronger than George Jetson. Just look at the differences in how the two men live everyday life. Fred could probably literally tear George in half.

11. What's one "rule" (not a grammar or style rule) that you follow while writing?

I try to keep things consistent and in-continuity, I guess.


My questions for you!

1. What is your favorite bird, if you can only choose from birds you have seen near your place of residence?
2. Three of the worst movies ever. Movies you actually watched, all the way through. Poor you.
3. How about some movies that were so bad, you couldn't finish watching them?
4. You're writing a buddy cop movie. What do you name your two main protagonists?
5. Did you see a cartoon as a child that scarred you because it broke the animation age ghetto? If so, what was it?
6. What are your three most favorite starship designs?
7. Psychic twins. Dead horse trope, or you just can't get enough of how cute it is?
8. Five computer games you thought were fun, aside from Sims?
9. Are you in love with any Non-PC games? Regardless of replay value, let's hear some of your favorites!
10. Daffy Duck, or Donald Duck? Why?
11. That one glitch you had in Sims 3 that you love telling people about. What happened?

 My nominations...

...uh... eleven? Nah. Owl Face didn't bother, so I won't either, haha. Besides, some of the blogs I stalk are just on hiatus and I can't contact the authors.

1. Summerdream
2. Chaos Theory
3. Secrets of the Sixkillers
4. Life is a Journey / Clark Random Legacy
5. Sletinn Legacy Challenge
6. The Van Hofwegen Legacy
7. Matthews' Random Legacy

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering my dumb questions! Re: Star Trek. I think DS9 might be slightly more rewatchable because it doesn't have really, really cringe worthy episodes like TNG's "Code of Honor." Though there is that one where the DS9 crew play baseball with a bunch of Vulcans during the middle of the Dominion war, so idk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I loooove the goofy DS9 moments. But yeah, TNG's heart is in the right place, but the language (and other things...) used in some of its morality lessons do not always stand the test of time. I still love the characters.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me, Becky! The Funyarinpa... I really have to check out that 999 game you keep mentioning!

    I don't know if it's allowed or not, but I nominated you right back :D http://anniesimslegacy.blogspot.co.at/2016/08/the-sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks! I'll answer your questions there. (:

      Delete
  3. Awwww!!! Thank you! *hugs for you. Gently and with Lysol generously applied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way late, but: Grats for a well earned price, and thanks for the nomination. No time for me to think unfortunately; but TNG was always a favourite ;)

    ReplyDelete