Sunday, May 20, 2018
5.19 When Nobody's Looking
A summery autumn ends, and winter arrives in full force, blanketing Monte Vista in a thick layer of heavy snow.
Olive swears this gnome moves when nobody's looking.
She blames it for her nightmares.
Like her brother sharing his secrets with inanimate toys, when Olive wants to keep her thoughts quiet she will only confide in creatures who are incapable of betraying her trust.
Moby tilts his head, not understanding the significance, but pleased to be the center of attention.
As the year grows older, so do the children.
Olive and Holland enter high school with guarded optimism.
Holland doesn't shift without the full moon anymore. He doesn't tire himself out and fall asleep halfway through the night either. He waits patiently for the first streaks of dawn light to illuminate the sky after a full moon night, and then, he is able to change back.
He can still see the full moon in the sky. So bright, so large. Like a big golf ball. It's up there reminding him that no matter how mature, controlled or introverted he may become, he's still going to shift whether he likes it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


































Olive's kind of mean, isn't she?
ReplyDeleteI love the snowy pictures of the house lights and the outside toys. But I kind of hate playing sims-winter. I swear I'm going to find a place that doesn't seem to need one and play there for a while.
Holland isn't depressed or anything, is he? A sad teenage werewolf. His dad embraced it more maybe? ;P
Mean, eh? What makes you say that?
DeleteThere are many nice towns to choose from that look like they'd never get snow. :) I'm playing Isla Paradiso without snow right now.
Well I'm glad you asked! (Two weeks later) because she's clearly a GNOME-KICKER! D:<
DeleteAnd I think from the speech bubble she was trying to scare the cat.
The snow angels were cute though, meant to say that.
Loving Olive's hair buns! I can't imagine her with anything else anymore tbh 8D
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Holland in front of the full moon is beautiful! It's good that he has a better grip on his shifting now; and the full moon's lesson that there are things he'll never be able to control is a useful one.
I'll have to see what she looks like as an adult with the buns to decide if she keeps 'em or not. Hopefully they still look cute!
DeleteThe house looks so nice with the snow and the lights up!
ReplyDeleteHolland's getting a better grip on his powers, so hopefully Dysen is getting more chill about it.
It took me the best part of four days to get through 145 chapters. Despite my constant confusion at references to your previous blogs (re: Acheron),I consider it four days extremely well spent. Both your storytelling, and your characterization are amazing! I'd like to add a few dozen lines about how much I've enjoyed it, but I need to read the Lawful Chaotic Legacy, to find out what Fairuza is up to :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the sweet comment! <3 I'll hopefully be updating again soon. This summer was verrrry busy!
DeleteI'm finally caught up! I always enjoy being able to binge chapters, and then I'm sad when I reach the end. XD I love the pics this chapter, especially the one of Holland at the end. And I also like the bun hair! Just in general, I think those buns are pretty cute. :D
ReplyDeleteSadly I haven't had time to touch this save in a while. D: You know how it is! On the bright side, I could distract you with my Aurora Skies legacy??? ... Though I haven't been able to play there in a while either. Oh well. Eventually! I can't believe it's been since May.
Delete