Kite. :)
Ceth runs into her high school friend Gillian GilsCarbo, and is again inadvertently reminded of her fading youth.
Determined to live her life to the fullest, Ceth continues to date and party.
Tonight her date is Phineas Bledsoe.
From EA's description: Phineas is at the height of fashion and the height of poetry. He can tell in an instant if a piece of writing or clothing will be a hit or a gauche rerun to be quickly forgotten by the masses. It's best to get and stay on his good side if you want near the "it" list.
Ceth isn't that in to Phineas though.
He's cute, but his fashion sense is not as good as people say.
Shut up Gavino, you're not Ceth's type either.
Ceth gets along better with fellow singer David Ziggfield. They share a couple of traits.
And they rock a dance floor.
Too bad he's married.
Ceth, aren't you supposed to be on a date with Phineas?
Oh well, whatever.
Molly's mother Holly has aged up.
Holly and Molly organize a protest against clowns.
TOO! MANY! CLOWNS!
Molly and Dysen rile the crowd. You know, for rebel points.
Lela keeps an eye on the rowdy mob.
After hours of speeches, chanting, and angry screaming, the protestors cheer and congratulate themselves on a job well done, even though they have not accomplished anything at all.
Carlos prowls his garden at night, keeping wild animals away.
More double buns.
Lela is on the case! The police got a report of a mutant fish creature stealing apples, and sent Lela to dust for prints to appease the victim.
The victim's housemate, Karl Simon, does not respect the crime scene. He plops right down on that sofa and watches television.
It's so hard to work under these conditions!
Be the rosebush.
Lastly, Lela's favorite thing, the garbage!!!
This case is going to get cracked wide open!
(It was Karl. Karl stole the apples. There is no Fish Kid.)
Just Carlos playing video games.
That's not the kind of show the man ordered, Ceth!
____________
Carlos, Ceth and Lela all reach the elder stage.
Having received a shiny ribbon from city hall for the totally-not-acknowledging-Fish-Kid case, Lela feels both accomplished and exhausted, so she retires. Confetti!
I'm not sure what yetis have to do with it????
City Hall honors Lela with yet another reward after they hear she has retired.
It feels weird to be so recognized in Monte Vista, a city she has spent so little time in, when the hard work she did in her hometown of Starlight Shores was barely respected at all.
Whatever! More confetti!
Cat picture.
At least Lucida can blame her furniture clawing fits on the cats.
She misses Ben so much, sometimes she is just overwhelmed...
Molly used the marriage thing as a convenient excuse to change her name... not from Molly Robins-Monroe to Molly Whitefield, but from Molly Robins-Monroe to just plain Molly Robins. Her father, the Monroe half, feels insulted... even moreso when Molly tells him it's just so her name as an artist looks more appealing.
"I'm really not trying to slight you, Dad. It's just about image."
"What about when you have children?" Seth huffs. "Do they get your mom's name, or your husband's?"
"One can have my name, and the other can have Dysen's. I think two is a good number. Don't you?"
Seth glares. "Are you already pregnant?"
"No, Dad!"
"Then why are you making plans like that?"
"You brought it up!"
"Don't shout at me. You're just like your mother."
"I'm not shouting. This is exasperation."
"You raised your voice."
"For emphasis, Dad."
________________________________________________
Etc.: I haven't even rolled for gen6 yet. The suspense is intense.












































I know how Molly feels about having a double barrelled surname, I have one and am engaged to be married. I don't know if I should keep one and join it with my fiancé's name and if so which one? Or should I drop both of them and just take my fiancé's name. The fear of insulting half your family is real.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for gen 6 :)
Hugs! If it were me I'd go with whatever one I thought sounded nicer with my first name, I guess. Grats on your engagement! :D
DeleteAdd all the hyphens! Also congratulations <3
DeleteCeth's date night was so much fun! I was just going to say that she still looks so young she could pass for a YA, but then the age-up happened. The elder stage is kind to no sim. But ah well, the three of them make super cute elders!
ReplyDeleteIt's great that Lucida is still around. She must be ancient at this point! Poor her though, missing Ben so much :( At least he got to see his children come back home before he had to go.
Molly's dad is quite the character. No wonder she was so eager to get out of there and live with Dysen! Excited to see those two children ;D
I waited for Molly and Dysen to actually roll wishes to have children. Luckily they did so within moments of each other. I'm not sure what triggers that wish; if it's on a timer or related to things the sim is doing.
DeleteAnd what was the sim doing, Becky? :P
DeleteMolly rolled the wish while she was playing with kid toys.
DeleteLela and Dysen dancing, that swaggar! And the cuteness of the cats, and that Ceth with her many dates and then old lady frowny face.
ReplyDeleteLove the impromptu for-no-reason protest. Just like real college >_>;
I got some pics of the dancing for the walls. :)
DeleteI love Lela's crime solving antics. :D She earned that retirement by this point. Such working conditions!
ReplyDeleteSuch glitchy working conditions! xD Let's hope she enjoys retirement.
DeleteWhat is Ceth going to do now that she's old! I've actually been a little worried about her since she's...um...vainer? than everyone else in her generation/
ReplyDelete