Friday, February 9, 2018

4.57 More Money Than Sense



Gradually, the household creates new routines.




Lela doesn't know anyone on the force in Monte Vista, but given her work history she is generously hired on to do low level police work. Mostly reports processing, which she can do from home.



Milo the sports legend no longer plays for a team, but continues to make good money with marketing deals. He signs autographs and promotes businesses he doesn't actually care about.

"Azzo Ricardo? Any relation to Luca Ricardo?"

"He was my father. That makes us distantly related you know!" the young fan gushes.

Milo has never felt so old.

Milo's grandmother—Terry Taylorand Azzo's grandfather—Fred Taylor—were siblings, though Azzo here is only Fairuza's age.



Carlos has officially retired, what with no local demand for astrophysicists, and his elder birthday coming up soon. He occupies his time starting a new garden...



...and cooking perfect meals with perfect produce.

Truly an exact science.



Carlos has bulked up in the muscle department because while I was focusing so much on the teen characters in Starlight Shores, Milo was constantly challenging his brother to basketball hoops contests.




Cooking, gardening and housekeeping aren't enough to keep Carlos entertained forever though, so pretty soon he's conducting mad science experiments in the barn.

Don't worry, he's just trying to further improve produce quality.




Ceth no longer puts on performances for huge crowds, but she still delivers sing-o-grams to die-hard fans willing to shell out enough simoleons.



Too many people have more money than sense.



"Hey, aren't you from Starlight Shores?"

"Yeah. Robbie Platt. Uh, Rob. Rob Platt."

"I know, it says on the payment receipt."



 Ceth is surprised by how many sims followed her to Monte Vista.



 Mercedes May was not swayed by Ceth's social media posts, exactly, but one of her kids is dating someone who was, so here they are.




Hey look, Swan on Fire is practicing nearby.



You do you, Lucida.




Angelita Lee was quick to pick up a local lover, and her new boyfriend was right to think a sing-o-gram from Sister Sell Out would impress her.




"I love it so much here! If I have a son, I'm naming him after you."

Ceth frowns. "Uhh, thanks."




Dysen doesn't have any long term goals. His parents aren't pushing him to do anything but have excellent grades. So he's keeping his options open and hoping something catches his interest.

He has the ambitious trait, so this lack of direction bothers him sometimes.



Cats picture.





Cat picture.



Cat picture.



Caaaaat picture.




More. Cats.



Cats cats cats cats.




Video games with dad.

Carlos checks in on his parents often. They seem happy and healthy, despite their advanced age.



Lela's unstable trait causes her to lose the childish trait and pick up the supernatural skeptic trait instead. Considering she shares a household with three werewolves, this development is a real pain in the tail.



Milo, a good brother in law, convinces Lela to go to the hospital for some drugs or whatever magically cures these episodes. Normally Lela doesn't bother getting treatment and is a revolving door of random traits, but this one was pretty bad.




So Lela goes to the hospital.




She almost turns around and flees when she sees this creepy sidewalk art, but for the sake of her son and husband, she gets the treatment, which is free of charge and works instantly. If only things were so easy in the narrator's universe.



Ceth visits Mech.



Mech is overjoyed to see her, and invites her inside to chat over tea.




He can't drink the tea himself, but he is always prepared for visitors.






Robot fishes.




Dysen rolls a wish to order pizza. He waits for everyone to be in bed at around 1 AM to do it, because he almost feels bad wanting something other than his father's carefully prepared, nutritionally sound meals.



ALMOST.

Awww yeah this is good pizza.

Mmmmmmmmmmm



Benino orders a sing-o-gram for Lucida.




Since she's already at the Worries & Woes Country Pub, Ceth steps inside for a drink. "I'll have an organic, herbal Red Rocket, with two ice cubes."



"You're one of Swan on Fire's kids right?" Xaviera Bianchi is the granddaughter of Benino's cousin Tami, but he was never close to that branch of the family.

Ceth narrows her eyes and takes her specialty tea, not correcting the woman.

"Rumor was you three all died," Xaviera continues. "Like, the old blue lady is a witch and she cooked you in a stew. My grandfather told me the same thing would happen to me if I misbehaved."



"That's seriously f***ucked up," Ceth says flatly.




Finally, it is Dysen's birthday. A few people are invited to help celebrate and eat cake.

Lucida and Izalee are the first to arrive. Lu brought some deep fried strawberry fritters.



Molly's mother, Holly, brought some deep fried... something. I'm sensing a pattern.

Holly is not pleased to learn this town has simbots. Everyone knows simbots steal jobs.



Hugs for grandpa.



Aside from Molly, Dysen only had one schoolfriend to invite—Karla Elson—and before even hearing her speak, Ceth knows the girl is from Starlight Shores, and a Sister Sell Out fan.

It's that double bun hair.



Dancing, mingling. Mech panics when he thinks about how old his creator's kids and grandkids and great-grandkids are getting. 



Molly's father, Seth, makes things awkward by showing up drunk.



He's a grumpy, absent minded slob with commitment issues. And also a mooch. He has a lot of questions pertaining to the wealth of his daughter's boyfriend's family.




Milo rescues his nephew, politely steering the conversation to sports until Seth leaves.




There's only one guest Dysen really cared about seeing, and that's Molly herself.

"Gorgeous, absolutely stunning," he greets her. "Should I be concerned about the symbolism of the roses in the garbage?"

Molly looks down at her shirt. "Hmm, no."

Nobody threw the flowers in the trashcan, she explains. The flowers are just growing there. Something pretty out of something unwanted.







Dysen ages up.




And everybody eats cake.









__________________________________________________
Etc.: Lela's career is too glitched out to play properly. She can write endless stakeout reports though.

The one party crasher there is Darino Moretti, Ben's nephew. I know it looks like half the town is still related to Ben, but I swear I evicted the majority of them. The issue is not only did Ben have two sisters, he had three uncles and an aunt, resulting in seven first cousins.

Generation 5 begins!

9 comments:

  1. Cats! And whoa, Carlos looked weird all buff.

    Did Mech have the robot fish in his tank all on his own, or did you put them there?? It was so nice to see him again.

    Dysen looks adorable. I also noticed how many sims were wearing Decades Stuff clothing (and rocking it! Ceth in particular looked good in that 80s dress).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I put the fish there. Guilty.

      Ceth makes anything rock! But I got The Decades stuff pack relatively recently, so I guess I haven't had my fill of it yet.

      Delete
  2. Carlos' new garden is so pretty *_* I agree with Owly, it's weird seeing him so muscular though :D

    Molly and Dysen grew up beautifully! I love both their looks and personalities. Those two are going to be a fun generation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, props for going through all that trouble aging up neighbors and moving in new ones. (Love all the Sister Sell Out fans with the double buns.) Seven first cousins in town would have been disastrous, with generation five only just starting!

      Delete
    2. Carlos should age up in a couple of chapters. Poor elders lose their sculpted bods. xD So Carlos will be back to normal when that happens I guess!

      Delete
  3. Carlos with the muscles! It just somehow doesn't fit him, lol.

    That unstable trait really sounds frustrating. Luckily Monte Vista has an incredible healthcare system.

    Seth doesn't have ANY redeemable traits. He's going to be a great father-in-law. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, when I saw Seth's trait list I was like "there's no way his marriage to Holly isn't rocky" and I started writing it that way.

      Lol, I could have taken away Carlos's muscles in CAS, but he earned them so it didn't feel right.

      Delete
  4. Wow, the work you put into Monte Vista is impressive! Your worlds always full and full of personality, which is something that I really miss about sims 3. I've been playing too much Sims 4 recently, and they're all super-happy clones of each other with no traits :/

    Also, I adore all the cat pics <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't played Sims 4, but the new AI system sounds terrible. The lack of an open world was also a huge turn off. That and the CaST changes, and... I could go on, but I'll just stop and say I'm sticking with Sims 3. ;D

      Delete