Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chapter 19: Pizza for Breakfast



"Pizza for breakfast?" Gysael isn't sure what to think of her houseguest. She feels her nose crinkling up at the idea of all that grease and cheese first thing in the morning.


Venessa would rather order pizza than cook and end up with dishes to wash.



Venessa's one night with the Goldbeard family turns into several nights.


"I'm sorry, Dad, I didn't realize she would-"

"Shush shush," Reggie's father interrupts him. "I remember being young and in love! Your girlfriend can stay as long as you want."

Reggie opens his mouth to say Venessa is not his girlfriend, but Scarlett is already swanning out of the kitchen, probably hoping for grandchildren. He's been vastly disappointed by Petra and Chad's lack of reproducing.


"I think you should just lie, so Reggie stops worrying," Gysael suggests. "Tell him the meditation stopped your powers from activating by accident. Not like he can tell the difference. What if you can't fight fate?"

"I'm destined to become a criminal and die?"

"Maybe not the dying part. That was just a nightmare, we've all had those." Gysael has never been quite sure why Rohane put such stock in a dream he had exactly once. "But if you think about it, the way you can control that object teleportation now... you'd be the best thief ever."

"I can't tell if you're joking."


Gysael stands up, restless. "If public school has taught me anything, it's that some people in this town are cocks. And I wouldn't mind inconveniencing them a little."


"We're smarter than them, more talented than them, and dare I say prettier than them, but they treat us like dirt." Gysael has not had an easy time with her schoolmates. "I'm not playing by their rules when I grow up."


Playin' fetch.


Reggie knows he totally shouldn't, but he does feel safer with Vox around.


It's cold. Rohane walks around outside to collect his thoughts.


It doesn't have to be cold.


The fire melts a little snow before it dies.


A new day.


"YOUR CLOTHES! FIX THEM!"

Venessa Giordano is riding high on life, having dropped her shitty job in the music industry in favor of a position in the art appraisal career track.


Rohane ages up.

Like Petra, he has already made arrangements to move out of his parents' house.


"You're sure you'll be okay?" Reggie frets.

"I'm moving across town, not across the continent. Besides, I'm sure you'll like having the room to yourself, eh?"

"I don't know. I've never had a room to myself."


"I meant-" Rohane smirks, and shakes his head. "Why do you keep ignoring the subtext with Venessa? You weren't this bashful as a teenager."

"I'm not ignoring it. I'm contemplating it. It only looks like I'm ignoring it." Reggie chews his spaghetti noodles quickly, nervously. "As for any teenage transgressions... teenagers are infamous for not thinking things through."

"Uh huh. Maybe you ought to move out of this house before you end up neurotic, like Mom."


Rohane moves out, leaving junk under his bed and the demon girl on the wall.

The room is quiet and lonely.


Scarlett and Greta jump to make some changes to it, when Reggie steps out of the house for a while.



"We hope you like it!" Scarlett says, in firm belief that no grown man should sleep on a tiny loft bed anyway.



Reggie is not surprised when Venessa climbs in bed with him that night.



"You don't think it'd be fun to mess around?"

"It hasn't even been one date," he points out.

"We can start dating tomorrow," she sighs.

"...Only if you want to."

"Oh, I want to! I really do!"


Thus began the romance of Venessa Giordano and Reggie Goldbeard.


In Monte Vista, horseshoes are considered very romantic.


Being pounced in bed in the dark is one thing, but being pounced in the middle of a festival in broad daylight is looking pretty serious, you guys.


The kissing booth attendants are having some problems again.


"It's misleading to have a picture of a pineapple on your booth if I cannot order pineapples," Reggie complains.



The young couple ends up eating a nutritious lunch of hot wings and marshmallow bunnies.

"Oh... hi, Dad."



"What?! NO, Dad!"



Awwwww.



Venessa makes sure to take a picture, to artistically record today's events.



_____________________________________________
Etc.: And here we are again, spending half of an update on a festival lot I now hate.

I really need to rip it out and replace it with one that doesn't suck.

6 comments:

  1. Lol, you hate yours and I barely spend time at mines at all. I don't take my sims out enough. Scarlett is quiet eager there. I like Venessa, she's weird, straight forward and funny. The picture above the tank sets off the room very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, Scarlett rolled a wish for grandchildren the second Petra aged up to YA...

      Delete
  2. I love that picture of Gysael holding the apple. It's very nefarious-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gysael's conversation with Rohane felt ominous to me. I'm a little scared of her now. :P

    It's hilarious that Scarlett and Greta went ahead and put a double bed in Reggie's room when he wasn't looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheee... Scarlett wants grandkids pretty bad!

      Delete